Friday, October 7, 2011

R.I.P - Boscoe

R.I.P - Boscoe
Forever My Brother's Best Friend
October 2001 - October 6, 2011

It's been a little over 24 hours since I received my brother's text that he had to let go of his best friend. I know exactly how he feels. It feels like only yesterday that I lost my best friend, Hunter, too. What Boscoe meant to my brother no other dog will ever compare, he was the best hound dog a man could have.  

I remember that cold January day that I rescued these two very furry dirty puppies from a shed in Red Creek, NY.  I only went looking for one but ending up taking two (the last ones). I wouldn't of been able to live with myself had I left one there.  So I picked them both up and took them home. The first person I called was my brother, I knew he wanted a dog of his own.  That day we both got greatest present each of us could ask for he, got Boscoe, we got Raven. Over the years, these two puppies turned out to be two of the most loving and wonderful dogs anyone could ever ask for.  Over the summer we found out that our girl has nasal cancer and it would only be a matter of time (as I write now she is still hanging on but she doesn't have much longer with us).  Then about 2 weeks ago I found out that Boscoe (Chubby, Boscorelli, Hound Dog) had lung cancer.  My heart broke then but it is broken now. How is it possible that both brother and sister each got cancer?  It just doesn't seem right but most of all its not fair. I know they are only on loan to us but I always thought we'd have more time.  Time to enjoy then as they got older and maybe slowed down a bit but not like this. This wasn't how it was suppose to be. How could two of the best dogs in the world be dealt such a raw deal? I know I have to look at the 10 wonderful years they were with us and thankful for the unconditional love and joy they have brought to our kids.  The memories they will all have of their first dogs will forever be with them.  I know we will go on with our lives without them but a piece of our hearts will be forever with them.  For now Boscoe, go play, run wild, eat all the biscuits you want and give my Hunter some love.  Let Hunter know Rae will be with both of you soon. I sit here with tears in my eyes but I am happy you are no longer in any pain.  
We will meet again someday, my life was better for having you in it! Thank you Boscorelli!
Love You, Aunt D

Our Rae Dog 
Boscoe
 RIP BOSCOE...
 Rylee and Boscoe
 My brother and his dogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment